Friday, July 06, 2007

13 more sleeps and the one that won't go away..

It's only one week until I start taking my malaria tablets, which means it's only two weeks until I go on my summer trip! We're off to Vietnam, Cambodia and doing a couple days in Thailand before we head home. We're so looking forward to it!

On the other hand, I still need to get over this darn cold. I start to feel better for a day, and then it gets worse again... today is a feeling-worse day. I spent last night coughing so hard that I seriously thought a lung was going to come out of my mouth. It was violent! When I did finally get some sleep, I know I was snoring loudly, as I was snoring so loudly I woke myself up! Poor Wayne is a bit worse for wear, as sleeping in the same bed as me, well he's not getting much sleeping done.

I've just spent the day at work, stuggling to speak, with my ears blocked so badly that I feel like I'm underwater and going through packets of tissues. Not fun! Not fun at all!


I took drugs for a week, but they don't seemed to have done much.

The last few days have been so busy at work, we had a huge pile of tests to mark and then today, I did about ten practice interview tests after classes. So wish I could just go home and recover from this, but have a busy weekend ahead preparing work for while I'm away... ahh... my kingdom for some sleep.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie
Gosh i know that particular strain of flu.. its the one I had in Kyoto!!!!
You're going to Vietnam.. wow hoping you have the best time. Thanks for your support always.
xx
Jennifer