Wednesday, August 23, 2006

While the cat's away.....


I'm going away for a few days and leaving Wayne behind. He SAYS he's going to miss me but I think he's looking forward to the quiet.

A friend taught us the Japanese equivelent of "While the cat's away the mouse will play" it goes like this:


"Oni no inu aida ni sentaku" or "Wash your clothes while the demon isn't around"

Umm... not sure I like being called a devil, but I really don't mind if he does the washing while I'm gone!

Will post again when I get back.

Ittekimasu!

2 comments:

Crafty Japan said...

Wouldn't that be...

"oni wa/ga inai aida ni sentaku suru" ... or something like that?

Or am I totally wrong (quite possible).

So now both of the boys are without their Aussie-Onis...should we be worried?

Hope we can catch up back here :)

Anonymous said...

I think... onino inumani (inochino) sentaku. It's mean when the wife go away to somewhere(travel) the husband enjoy relaxing at home(am I correct?).
It was funny your situation were compared to the Japanese proverb.
I don't think that you aren't devil and your husband really missed you,right??
Natsuki