Tuesday, May 13, 2008

That's Right! I'm Heading Off To....

Tokyo! And I'm so excited.

Initially, the trip was just going to be Saturday and Sunday with hubby dear to go to the Tokyo Design Festa in Odaiba. Then, I scored a couple of extra days off and to make it even more exciting, my good mate, Christine, is in the country and has some time off from work at the same time.

Christine and I first met in 2000 when we were flatmates, sharing a company apartment for an English school we worked in. We became partners in crime, living, working and partying together for a year. Since then, we've been great friends. We seem to keep crossing paths, swapping times when we're living in Japan or our shared hometown, Brisbane. It's quite a treat when we're in the same place at the same time.

The weekend is going to be great. Chris and I have lots of shopping planned in Shibuya and we'll stay in a capsule hotel the first night when it's just us girls. Then hubby will join us, we'll go to the Design Festa, visit Harajuku and may go to see some Sumo. Sadly the Ghibli Museum was all sold out for the days we had a chance to go.

Watch out Tokyo! Here we come!

3 comments:

Reenie said...

ooh, capsule hotel. I'm so intrigued by them. Can you get some photos and post them.... When I eventually go to Japan, I'm going to stay in a capsule hotel

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Yeh, I'm really excited. Believe me, I'll be taking lots of photos and blogging about it!

Reenie said...

Thanks for posting those capsule hotel pics on your other blog.... I so want to stay in one now.. they're not as small as I thought they'd be.... they are ACE !!